Though much of the half-million-square-acre Great Smoky Mountains National Park is still wilderness with natural features such as hiking trails, mountain vistas, waterfalls and nature trails, the national park contains roads that showcase the natural beauty of the mountains. Try at least one Smoky Mountain driving tour to get a good feel for what wonderful things the Great Smoky Mountains National Park has to offer. The links will take you to a detailed description of the driving tour, including maps, directions and more, so you can get the full experience of the mountains while you're on vacation.
Some of these tours even have corresponding booklets available for $1 at any of the official Great Smoky Mountains National Park visitor centers.
Remember that the auto tours are especially popular in the fall season, so make sure you plan to see the fall colors of the area by taking one of these great Smoky Mountain driving tours!
- The Only Great Smoky Mountain National Park Map and Guide You Need for Your Vacation
- Blue Ridge Parkway Auto Tour
- Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail
- Rich Mountain Road Auto Tour
- Parson Branch Road Auto Tour
- Cades Cove Loop Road Tour
- Newfound Gap Road
- Little River Road Auto Tour
- Lakeview Drive Auto Tour
- Greenbrier Road Auto Tour